Fact sheet: Nationwide IT growth and the respective ‘slices’
The Success Saga Continues
- Telangana’s IT/ITeS exports grew at 17.93% (YoY) to reach Rs.1,28,807 Cr from Rs.1,09,219 Cr from the previous year. It is more than two times the national growth rate of 8.09% and more than two and half times of rest of India’s 6.92%.
- The sector provided direct employment to 5,82,126 professionals while the workforce comprised of 5,43,033 personnel last year. A jump of 7.2%. National growth rate is at 4.93% while it is 4.59% for rest of the Nation.
- Telangana’s share in India’s IT exports went up to 11.6% from 10.6% while the share in India’s IT export growth for 2019-20 is at 23.5%.
- Telangana’s share India’s IT workforce grew from 13.06% to 13.34% while the share in the growth for 2019-20 is at 19.07%.
- The growth story is phenomenal considering the impact of Covid-19 pandemic in the last quarter of FY 2019 -20.