Fact sheet: Nationwide IT growth and the respective ‘slices’
Telangana IT/ITes Exports witnessing an extraordinary growth
- Telangana’s IT/ ITeS Exports touched Rs 1,83,569 Cr for the financial year 2021-22, an increase of a whopping 26.14% over the previous financial year. The quantum of IT/ ITeS Exports saw a 220% growth since 2013-14. The rise of Rs. 38,046 Cr from 2020-21 is the highest in a single year since State formation.
- As per the estimates of NASSCOM, India’s total IT/ ITeS exports would grow at 17.20% during the FY 2021-22. Telangana recorded 9% higher growth rate in IT/ ITeS exports than the national average.
- During financial year 2021-22, Telangana added 1,49,506 new jobs taking the total IT/ ITeS employment to 7,78,121, an YoY increase of a phenomenal 23.78% compared to the FY 2020-21. Telangana IT/ITeS employment witnessed an impressive 140% growth since 2013-14. The addition of 1,49,506 jobs from 2020-21 is the highest in a single year since State formation.
- As per the estimates of NASSCOM, the Indian IT/ ITeS sector would add 4,50,000 new jobs in FY 2021-22. With Telangana adding close to 1.5 lakh jobs, one out of every three IT/ ITeS professionals employed in the country in FY 2021-22 is from the State.
- Going by the progress in exports figures and employment generation, Telangana is well on its course to achieve Rs.3 lakh Cr exports and 10 lakh jobs – the target set in the 2nd ICT Policy 2021-26.