Minister for IT, Industries, MA&UD and NRI Affairs Sri KT Rama Rao released ITE&C Department’s Annual Report 2017 at Taj Deccan today. This is for the third successive year that Sri KT Rama Rao is releasing the Department’s performance report – its initiatives and achievements – as part of State Formation Day celebrations.
Minister for IT also launched T Wallet – The official digital wallet of Telangana State. T Wallet offers Anytime, Anywhere Platform for digital payments with no additional charges for the citizens. It supports payments for both Government, Private Organisations and individuals and is accessible on desktops, laptops, smart phones, feature phones and at MeeSeva centres.
Later, State Formation Day Awards for IT/ITES sector were also presented.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister for IT Sri KT Rama Rao said, “Data from 2016-17 reveals that we have shown impressive results in terms of IT exports and employment and for the 3rd year in a row, the growth being nearly four percent higher than the national average growth.”
“T-Hub, TASK, T-Fiber and MeeSeva have today become national role models being emulated in many other States and Society for Telangana Network (SoFTNET), which has made a very encouraging beginning by reaching out its services in large numbers to various user groups, now joins the list. Some major initiatives that we look forward to in the coming year include T-Hub Phase -II, T-App Folio, Mee Seva 2.0, T-Works, IMAGE towers.”
Sri Jayesh Ranjan, Principal Secretary ITE&C Department said, “Our endeavour to bring more and more IT applications to various government departments and agencies continued at a good pace this year. Many government departments today in our State have achieved remarkable transformation in terms of digital processes and services to their clients. We have received very positive feedback on these initiatives, and hope to continue this year also with renewed vigour.”
Heads from various wings, officials and staff of ITE&C Department, top industry leaders from IT/ITES sector were also present on the occasion.
Annual Report in brief:
• Telangana IT/ ITES exports achieved a healthy 13.85% growth rate that is nearly four percent higher than the national average of 10%. During the last one year the IT/ ITES sector provided employment to an additional 24,506 professionals, taking the total workforce to 4,31,891
• During the year, ITE&C Department has brought out four specific policies viz. Cyber Security, Data Centres, Data Analytics and Open Data – on 15 September, 2016 at Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC) in the presence of Minister for IT Sri KT Rama Rao
• The ITE&C Department, lead by Minister Sri KT Rama Rao, Principal Secretary Sri Jayesh Ranjan and other senior officials, has been diligently promoting Telangana State both in India and abroad. Thanks to the efforts, today major companies – national and global – are choosing Telangana as their destination for setting up their Centres of Excellence or are expanding their operations. Amazon, ZF, Synchrony Financial, Uber, Salesforce, DBS, flydubai, Naviz Analytics are some of those companies
• Government has also been encouraging IT/ ITES companies to spread to Tier II locations. The efforts to this effect are bearing fruit. ECLAT Health Solutions, Ventois Software, Kakatiya IT Solutions, Telekha Networking Technologies and Kakatiya Hub for Social Innovation have begun their operations in Tier-II locations
• Government of Telangana’s keen understanding of the Electronics ecosystem enabled it to gain much ground in its engagements with various strategic partners. Canadian company Datawind and Smartron have set up their facilities in Hyderabad. Two EMCs, one at E-City in Raviriyal and another at Maheshwaram, have received final approval from Government of India
• Telangana Fiber Grid (T-Fiber) works were grounded in June 2016. Under the Project that aims to bring broadband connectivity to every household in Telangana, about 10,000 kms of PLB HDPE duct was laid as of March 2017 along with Mission Bhagiratha
• The ITE&C Department has continued to assist, facilitate, support development of ICT applications for other Government Departments. Through portals, web applications, mobile apps and other digital means the departments have achieved significant transformation in their functioning
• Digital Dashboards, RBSK web application, Telangana Sishu Aadhaar Project (T-SAP) for GHMC, My GHMC mobile app, e-Blood Banks Application, Janahitha portal, MERIT Application, Amma Odi Web Application, TSTDC Portal, e-Governance Project for Excise Department, Aadhaar Enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System, Integrated People Information Hub (IPIH) or Citizen 3600 are some of those projects
• Telangana’s Meeseva remained the number one citizen service delivery platform in India with 12,096 e-transactions per thousand persons. The Electronic Services Delivery (ESD) wing served 3.62 crore persons during the last year
• IT Minister Sri KT Rama Rao inaugurated T-Hub’s outpost T-Bridge at Uber’s headquarters in San Francisco, US in October, 2016. Under the T-Bridge programme, Telangana forged partnerships with Uber, TiE Silicon Valley and California Governor’s incubator iHub
• SoFTNET entered into a fresh MoU with ISRO that removed restrictive clauses prohibiting Govt. sponsorships and distribution of channels through commercial cable networks. It now reaches over 5 million cable homes in Telangana. Started coaching classes for UPSC, TSPSC Group II Services, IBPS, SSC, IIT, NEET, EAMCET, Gurukul Teachers Admission Test among others. Views on SoFTNET YouTube Channel have seen a steep increase from a mere 10,233 in June, 2016 to 1,03,32,488 by May, 2017. The watch time also increased substantially from 25,443 minutes to 6,37,70,926 minutes for the same period
• ITE&C Department has won several awards during the period. Most notable among them are: Certiport Global Champion of Digital Literacy Award to Sri KT Rama Rao, CSI-Nihilent Award of Excellence under the ‘State with best e-Governance Initiatives’ category, DSCI’s ‘Cyber Security Initiatives by a State’ Award, Skoch Platinum Award for Revamping Skilling Initiatives for TASK, Skoch Order of Merit Award for ESD
Please click here to download – ITE&C Department’s Annual Report for the year 2016-17