Creating a sustainable robotics ecosystem in Telangana that champions innovation, entrepreneurship, and research and development, positioning the state as a leader in the field of robotics.
Robotics in Telangana
Telangana, the youngest state of India has been building and nurturing a robust ecosystem with a strong presence of renowned organizations such as Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It is also uniquely positioned as a leader in Life Sciences, Aerospace, Defense, Space-tech sectors and Emerging Technologies.
Emerging Technologies Wing, ITE&C Department of the Government of Telangana in its pursuit of positioning Telangana as a leader in emerging technologies has worked extensively to develop a conducive ecosystem for AI, Blockchain, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Drones, E-waste, Electronics and Robotics. As a progressive state, Telangana has always been at the forefront of supporting and nurturing the robotics ecosystem. Telangana is the first state to adopt robotics by the government for various use-cases including IT policy launches, semi-humanoid robot – Smart Robo Cop for “Smart Policing”, robots for agriculture, and assistive robots at tourist places, to list a few.
To promote robotics and make it easily accessible to startups, investors, and industries, the state government with the All India Robotics Association (AIRA) has launched Har Vibhag Mein Robotics, aiming to integrate robotics into every domain and sector. Under this initiative, the government has partnered with various stakeholders to establish robotics labs in rural areas and government schools. Under the ease of adoption, the state has also seen the launch of the first-ever delivery robot in the city and plans to integrate delivery robots into gated communities in the long term.
The adoption of robotic technology holds the key to unlocking a brighter future for humanity, both economically and socially. Our objectives through this framework are to:
- Create a world-class robotics ecosystem.
- Make India and Telangana a global hub for robotics manufacturing.
- Establish Telangana as a global robotics R&D hub.
- Create the best path for robotics exports and imports.
- Develop world-class robotics testing facilities.
- Promote the idea that Robotics is beyond technology, it is a science to create skilled robotics engineers and technicians for the industry.
- Align the ongoing efforts of private and government bodies to encourage participation in robotics from both the players.
- Set benchmarks in producing world-class robotics technology in Hyderabad, Telangana.